Saturday, February 26, 2011

What’s Your Motivation to Exercise?

It seems that the benefits of exercise are not enough to keep people motivated to continue working out. Why do 50% of people who start an exercise program drop out within 6 months? We want to know: what keeps you from being one of these statistics? What can we do, as the owners, to help keep you motivated or make exercise more fun for our members?

For motivational tips and information, please click on the tabs above to read our reseached published articles.

2 comments:

  1. I work out to keep my sanity. In the first Legally Blonde movie Elle Woods is defending a woman that she believes didn't kill her husband; among the reasons why because:Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't" Now just replace husband with students, siblings, parents, whomever and you will have a reason to work out. I can come into the gym feeling extremely frustrated or stressed and take it out on the treadmill with loud music and Oprah. When I leave I feel so much better. My head is more clear and I can continue my day. People often say "after a day like today I need a drink" I say why drink...that can be bad for you...why not workout instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen great changes at the gym and I was a member when it first opened and I dropped my membership. Am so glad that I recieved a letter from Melissa to rejoin. Now someone really cares about how you are doing and wants you to set and reach your goals. Working with a trainer on strength and flexiablity will help me reach my goal and that is good health as I age. At 68 I want to be fit to the end and not be relying on my children to take care of me. My aunt lived to 101 however I really don't want to live that long, Bless her heart.

    ReplyDelete